DOH Information Launch: Hawai‘i Division of Well being revises Interim Administrative Guidelines for Medical Hashish Dispensary Licensing Program
HONOLULU – The Hawaii State Division of Well being (DOH) revised interim administrative guidelines for the medical hashish licensing program went into impact on Feb. 24. The foundations apply statewide and will be discovered on the DOH’s medical hashish program web site well being.hawaii.gov/medicalcannabis/.
The unique interim guidelines had been targeted on implementing the medical hashish dispensary legislation and getting the dispensary system up and working. The revised interim guidelines deal with six particular areas:
- Legislative adjustments to HRS Chapter 329D;
- Manufacturing necessities for edible hashish merchandise;
- Extra product security measures for all hashish merchandise;
- Clarification on assortment of samples for testing;
- Laboratory testing; and
- Hemp manufacturing and processing as associated to the medical hashish dispensary system.
DOH has posted hyperlinks to the revised interim guidelines on the medical hashish web site together with an executive summary and frequently asked questions. Questions concerning the guidelines needs to be emailed to [email protected]. The FAQs will likely be up to date as new questions are obtained.
There are at present 18 licensed retail facilities in Hawai‘i:
- Huge Island Grown areas at:
- 750 Kanoelehua Ave., Suite 104, in Hilo
- 64-1040 Mamalahoa Freeway in Kamuela
- 74-5617 Pawai Place, in Kailua-Kona
- Hawaiian Ethos areas at:
- 73-5613 Olowalu St., Suite 7, in Kailua-Kona
- 64-1035 Mamalahoa Freeway in Kamuela
- 578 Kanoelehua Ave., Hilo, 96720
- Inexperienced Aloha positioned at:
- 4-1565 Kuhio Freeway in Kapa‘a
- Maui Grown Therapies areas at:
- 44 Pa‘a St. in Kahului
- 1087 Limahana Pl, Unit 4B in Lahaina
- Pono Life Sciences positioned at:
- 415 Dairy Street in Kahului
- Aloha Inexperienced Apothecary areas at:
- 1314 South King St. (Interstate Constructing) in Honolulu
- 2113 Kalakaua Ave., in Waikiki
- 3131 North Nimitz Freeway, in Honolulu
- Remedy Oahu positioned at:
- 727 Kapahulu Ave. in Honolulu
- 4850 Kapolei Parkway, in Kapolei
- Noa Botanicals areas at:
- 1308 Younger St. in Honolulu
- 46-028 Kawa St. in Kaneohe
- 98-302 Kamehameha Hwy, Aiea, HI 96701
As of January 31, 2022, a statewide complete of 33,951 in-state sufferers and a pair of,748 caregivers had been registered statewide. The first reported situation for registered grownup sufferers is extreme ache. The first reported situations for youngsters underneath 18 years of age are seizures and extreme ache.
Registered sufferers and their caregivers might buy as much as 4 ounces of medical hashish throughout a 15-consecutive day interval and a most of eight ounces over a 30-consecutive day interval from licensed dispensaries. When bringing medical hashish residence after buying it from a dispensary, the medical hashish have to be in a sealed container and never seen to the general public.
All use of medical hashish have to be on personal property and will not be utilized in any transferring automobile, at work, on the seaside, on mountaineering trails, or in some other public house. It’s unlawful to make use of or possess medical hashish on any federally owned property equivalent to army installations and nationwide parks.
The revised interim guidelines grew to become efficient on February 24, 2022 and can stay in impact till July 1, 2025, or till guidelines are adopted pursuant to chapter 91 of the Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS). Extra data on the Medical Hashish Dispensary Program is accessible at http://health.hawaii.gov/medicalcannabis/.
# # #