!1 New ReplaceClick on right here for up to date updates
Japan shuts oil refinery after quake
Japanese refiner Fuji Oil Co Ltd has shut the 143,000 barrels-per-day crude distillation unit (CDU) at its Sodegaura oil refinery in Chiba, east of Tokyo, after it was hit by an earthquake on Saturday, an organization spokesman mentioned.
IND vs ENG 2nd Take a look at, Day 3: Ravichandran Ashwin hits a century
Ravichandran Ashwin hits a century in opposition to England at MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai; India at 268/9 in second innings. That is his fifth Take a look at century.
Election to 12 Municipal Firms and 75 Municipalities/Nagar Panchayats in Andhra Pradesh to be held on tenth March, counting of votes on 14th March
Uttarakhand: State Catastrophe Response Drive has put an alarm system to detect the rise within the stage of water and alert about it, in Raini village of Chamoli district
Maharashtra: Jalgaon highway accident
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray publicizes ex gratia of Rs 2 lakhs every to the kin of 15 individuals who died in Jalgaon accident earlier right now: State CMO
Assam’s all-round improvement is central to success of Act East Coverage: EAM S Jaishankar in Guwahati
Rs 50,000 cr over 5 yrs allotted for Nationwide Analysis Basis: Dr Harsh Vardhan
Rs 50,000 cr over 5 yrs allotted for Nationwide Analysis Basis. A Deep Ocean Mission to be launched with a finances outlay of greater than Rs 4,000 cr. For higher synergies amongst R&D establishments, umbrella buildings to be arrange in 9 cities: Union Well being Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan
Centre publicizes modifications in mapping coverage, PM Modi says reforms will unlock super alternatives
- “What’s available globally doesn’t must be restricted in India and due to this fact geospatial information that was restricted will now be freely accessible in India,” the Ministry of Science and Expertise mentioned in a launch.
- Moreover, the nation’s firms and innovators are not topic to restrictions nor do they require prior approvals earlier than they acquire, generate, put together, disseminate, retailer, publish, replace digital Geospatial Knowledge and Maps throughout the territory of India, the discharge mentioned.
This 12 months, we now have elevated the finances by 30% of Division of Science & Expertise and Ministry of Earth Sciences put collectively for 2021-22 as in comparison with the revised estimate of 2020-21
– Union Well being Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan
IND vs ENG 2nd take a look at, Day 3: India 329 & 221/8 in opposition to England at tea, lead by 416 runs
Ravichandran Ashwin 68*, Virat Kohli 62, Moeen Ali 4-71, Jack Leach 3-74
NCLAT guidelines that administration of Delhi Gymkhana Membership to be performed by an Administrator to be nominated by the Union of India.
Additionally directs that acceptance of recent membership or payment or any enhancement thereof until disposal of waitlist functions be saved on maintain.
Uttarakhand catastrophe: Loss of life toll rises to 54
A complete of 54 our bodies recovered to date. 29 of those our bodies have been recognized whereas 25 are but to be recognized. 150 extra our bodies to be discovered: Uttarakhand State Catastrophe Administration Authority
Act East Coverage is an method to create connectivity inside Assam, to the NorthEast then to Myanmar & Bangladesh however ultimately push by highway, sea, air to Vietnam & Japan. It will not simply be an financial exercise however make Assam extra related, energetic, contributing & employed.
– S Jaishankar, Exterior Affairs Minister
EAM S Jaishankar extends greetings to Serbia on Nationwide Day
Prolong greetings to FM Nikola Selakovic and the Authorities & folks of Serbia on their Nationwide Day. Our robust & t… https://t.co/W6gzNKetRP
— Dr. S. Jaishankar (@DrSJaishankar) 1613361728000
Toolkit case: Nikita Jacob strikes HC for transit bail
- Advocate Nikita Jacob, accused in a case registered by Delhi police in reference to the “toolkit” shared by local weather activist Greta Thunberg over farmers’ protest, approached the Bombay Excessive Court docket on Monday looking for transit anticipatory bail.
- A Delhi court docket has issued a non-bailable warrant in opposition to Jacob and one other accused within the case.
- Jacob’s plea looking for pressing listening to was talked about earlier than the Bombay Excessive Court docket’s single bench of Justice P D Naik on Monday. The excessive court docket mentioned it will hear the plea on Tuesday.
- Jacob in her plea sought transit anticipatory bail for a interval of 4 weeks in order that she will be able to method the court docket involved in Delhi to use for a pre-arrest bail.
SC grants five-day interim bail to journalist Siddique Kappan to go to solely his ailing mom in Kerala.
- CJI SA Bobde says that the UP police will take him to his mom’s home in Kerala, guard the home and never stay current when he meets his ailing mom.
- Supreme Court docket in its order restrained Siddique Kappan from giving any interview to media, (not even social media) and ordered that he shall not meet the general public besides family, docs and shut members of the family.
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani examined Covid-19 constructive
Yesterday he had fainted on stage in Vadodara throughout the marketing campaign.
Toolkit doc case: Non-bailable warrants issued in opposition to 2
- Non-bailable warrants have been issued in opposition to Nikita Jacob and Shantanu for allegedly sharing the “toolkit” associated to the farmer’s protest on social media, the Delhi Police mentioned on Monday, two days after it arrested local weather activist Disha Ravi in reference to the case.
- Police mentioned, the duo was allegedly concerned in getting ready the doc and was in direct contact with “pro-Khalistani components”.
SC discover to Centre, WhatsApp on plea alleging decrease requirements of privateness for Indian customers
- The Supreme Court docket on Monday sought responses from the Centre and WhatsApp inside 4 weeks on a recent plea alleging decrease requirements of privateness for Indians compared to European customers of the messaging app.
- A bench headed by Chief Justice S A Bobde issued discover to the federal government and the Fb-owned app on an interim software filed by Karmanya Singh Sareen in a pending petition of 2017.
- WhatsApp informed the highest court docket that Europe has a particular regulation on privateness and it’ll additionally comply with if India has the same statute.
Wholesale price-based inflation at 2.03% in January 2021, in opposition to 1.22% in December 2020: Govt information
Folks have grave apprehension that they may lose their privateness, and it’s our responsibility to guard them: SC
Folks worth their privateness greater than the worth of firm which could be in trillions: SC to WhatsApp
SC points notices to Centre, WhatsApp on plea alleging decrease requirements of privateness for Indians compared to European customers.
Telecom tariff hikes to ring in income development in FY22: ICRA
- Telecom service suppliers (telcos) are anticipated to dial in subsequent spherical of tariff hikes over the following one or two quarters which is prone to drive income development in new monetary 12 months (2021-22) starting April 1, in line with funding data agency ICRA.
- Tariff hikes and upgradation of subscribers from 2G to 4G is predicted to lead to enchancment in common income per person to round Rs 220 within the medium time period which is able to result in development in trade income by 11 to 13 per cent over the following two years with working margins increasing to almost 38 per cent for FY22.
Union Cupboard assembly to be held on Wednesday, seventeenth February.
Non-bailable warrants issued in opposition to Nikita Jacob and Shantanu. The 2 are concerned within the toolkit matter: Delhi Police
Uttarakhand catastrophe: Loss of life toll rises to 54
Three our bodies have been retrieved right now from the Tapovan tunnel, taking the physique depend to 54 to date. Circumstances of 179 lacking folks have been registered at Joshimath Police Station until now. Reduction and rescue operation continues: Chamoli Police
Delhi College reopens 4 extra libraries for analysis students, school members
- As a part of its phased reopening amid COVID-19 outbreak, the Delhi College will permit analysis students and college members to entry 4 extra libraries throughout its campuses.
- After permitting entry to the central library final week, the varsity reopened the Central Science Library, Ratan Tata Library, South Delhi Campus Library, and College of Legislation Library for PhD/MPhil students and college members on Monday.
- It introduced that customers should make prior registration to make use of the library services from 10 am to 4 pm on week days.
Rupee rises 14 paise to 72.61 in opposition to US greenback in early commerce.
Tamil Nadu: Loss of life toll rises to twenty in fireplace incident that came about in Virudhunagar firecracker manufacturing unit on twelfth Feb.
PM & CM introduced ex-gratia of Rs 2 Lakhs & Rs 3 Lakhs every respectively to kin of deceased; Rs 50,000 & Rs 1 Lakh every respectively for critically injured.
Coronary heart-wrenching truck accident in Jalgaon, Maharashtra. Condolences to the bereaved households. Could the injured get well on the earliest.
– PM Narendra Modi
New Zealand metropolis enters 3-day lockdown
- New Zealand’s largest metropolis of Auckland has begun a three-day lockdown following the invention of three unexplained coronavirus circumstances locally.
- Well being officers mentioned Monday the circumstances have been of the extra contagious variant first present in Britain and that genome testing hadn’t linked them to any earlier identified circumstances.
India stories 11,649 new COVID-19 circumstances, 9,489 discharges, and 90 deaths within the final 24 hours, as per Union Well being Ministry
- Complete circumstances: 1,09,16,589
- Complete discharges: 1,06,21,220
- Loss of life toll: 1,55,732
- Lively circumstances: 1,39,637
- Complete Vaccination: 82,85,295
India prone to provide COVID-19 vaccines to Canada quickly
- India is prone to provide COVID-19 vaccines to Canada quickly. Sources knowledgeable that decks have been cleared for the provision of vaccines following a private request by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- Nonetheless, the ultimate resolution on the quantum of provides has not been taken but. Sources confirmed to ANI that offer shall be made and an official announcement might also come quickly. In precept, it has been determined to produce vaccines to Canada. The precise portions and supply schedules shall be finalised this week, mentioned a supply.
Sensex rallies 463.71 pts to lifetime excessive of 52,008.01 in opening session; Nifty surges 126.25 pts to file 15,289.55.
Odisha: Congress employees observe a six-hour-long statewide bandh and stage ‘rail roko’ agitation in protest in opposition to the rise in gas costs.
Petrol and diesel at Rs 89.69 per litre and Rs 86.47 per litre respectively, right now in Bhubaneswar.
15 died in accident
Maharashtra: 15 folks died, two injured after a car overturned close to Kingaon village in Yawal taluka of Jalgaon district final night time. Extra particulars awaited.
A complete of 53 our bodies recovered to date; rescue operation underway at Tapovan Tunnel in Joshimath, Chamoli: State Catastrophe Response Drive (SDRF)
Delhi: Petrol and diesel costs at Rs 88.99/litre (improve by Rs 0.26) and Rs 79.35/litre (improve by Rs 0.29), respectively right now.
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani’s situation is steady: Physician
Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani’s situation is steady. All his medical check-up stories together with EGC and CT Scan are regular. There may be nothing to fret about. He shall be saved on the hospital for twenty-four hours only for statement: Dr RK Patel, Director, UN Mehta hospital in Ahmedabad
Assam: A foot overbridge, primarily adorned with bamboo, was inaugurated by state minister Himanta Biswa Sarma at Khanapara in Guwahati yesterday.
Air high quality
Mumbai’s air high quality improves to ‘reasonable’ from ‘poor’ class; air high quality in Delhi continues to stay in ‘very poor’ class: System of Air High quality & Climate Forecasting & Analysis
Israel to permit 2,000 air vacationers to enter day-after-day
Guinea declares Ebola epidemic after 4 deaths
- Guinea on Sunday (native time) has declared an Ebola epidemic after 4 folks died and 7 others grew to become ailing within the southeastern area of Nzerekore.
- Based on a report by Al Jazeera, seven folks fell ailing with diarrhoea, vomiting and bleeding after attending a burial in Goueke, close to the Liberian border.
- The contaminated sufferers have been saved in isolation in remedy centres, the well being ministry mentioned.